Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Homespun Holidays!

After much consideration, I've decided that the intended recipient of my first "real" quilt does not read this. So I'm posting my finished project!! It is far from perfect- and I could pick out plenty of places where there are mistakes/things I would change/random goldfish cracker pieces... but none the less, I am still pretty proud of it.















I also wanted to participate in Piece N Quilt's "Homespun Holidays!" Go over and check out their Blog and see what other great crafters are making!!






A big shoutout to Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew for the great tutorial !!! She has some great stuff over there- you should go check her out, too :)

Hope you're enjoying all your holiday preparations- I know I am!!





7 comments:

  1. That is an awesome first quilt! You should be very very proud! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud of it !!!! It's beautiful !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautiful!!! I love the colors you chose, its so fun to see it in something other than little boy colors! Happy Holidays and thanks for showing me! And for the link reference! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome job you did! Pat yourself on the back for a great job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went back through your posts and I think you did a terrific job on the quilt. Something to be proud of for sure. I remember my first try, what a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! I'm pretty new to quilting as well and with each quilt I get better and better. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! It's beautiful, well done.

    ReplyDelete