Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All play and no work....

....makes for a boring blog. I had a visitor for the weekend so alas, no quilting was accomplished (but lots of sweet treats were had!)



Before she arrived, I finished the top of my quilt! Very exciting.. even if its a bit boring. I think it will be a nice first quilt, simple, yet colorful! I already picked out the fabric for my next quilt and am eager to get it started!! I'm trying to decide what pattern I'm going to use. A blog I started to follow, http://www.cluckclucksew.com/ has a bunch of suuuuper useful tutorials, and there are two patterns that I am going back and forth between. I think in the end it will be her hourglass pattern. I can't wait to start!!

But first, I should attempt to finish what I have started (easier said than done in this household.) I'm nervous about the actual "quilting" of the quilt, and have been looking non stop for a good machine quilting tutorial with no luck. Perhaps all my hard work will pay off today- fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole , I love your quilt , the colours are so bright and happy !

    ReplyDelete